2019 SoCal Dinner
Creativity, Innovation, and Community : SoCal Dinner 2019
On Saturday, September 21, join MuslimARC and dozens of other organizations at the Shelby in Carson, CA for a glam night of artists, filmmakers, storytellers, and movement leaders telling the story of their anti-racism work in SoCal.
Our theme for our 2019 MuslimARC Anti-Racism Awards dinner is the "Muslim American Mosaic." Let’s celebrate Muslim creativity, innovation, and community building. The event will feature entertainment, community art, and plenty of networking with artists and activists doing amazing work in SoCal!
This will be an evening to meet fellow creatives across faith-based communities. Join us for delicious food, artistic performances, exciting news about our projects including our role in the new comedy East of La Brea, and our 2019 racial justice awards!
Tickets for sale online for $45 per personuntil 9/20 and $65 at the door. Tables (8 seats each) are available.
Can't make it? Support our work with a donation online. Your donation will support the Detroit ARCHouse, anti-racism resource guides, curriculum development, and more. Donate here.
Interested in sponsoring the activities or awards at the event? Click here
Confirmed Speakers include
- Makkah Ali, co-Host and Executive Producer for Identity Politics, facilitator, non-profit leader, and MuslimARC Board President based out of Chicago
- Sameer Gardezi, CEO of Break the Room Media and Executive Producer of "East of La Brea"
- Margari Hill, MuslimARC Executive Director and Co-founder, educator, independent researcher, and freelance writer
- Namira Islam, MuslimARC Community Engagement Director, lawyer, and graphic designer.
- Rasheed Shabazz, co-founder of Habari Ummah, an Oakland-based Black Muslim-led collective focused on news, events, and culture. He is also a multimedia storyteller, urban planning historian, and youth development professional based in the Bay Area.
- Entertainment include Akil the MC of Jurassaic 5, and more artists to be announced.
Stay tuned for announcements on featured artists and performers!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
To sponsor this event, click here.
RSVP/follow this event on Facebook here.
307 E Carson St
Carson, CA 90745
Google Map & Directions